Rose's was established in 1901 by German born James Rose. It was born amid the splendor of Ramona Park-the most remembered feature
from the bygone days of East Grand Rapids. The pristine beaches of Reeds Lake were dotted with beautiful, ornate pavilions, roller
coasters, hotels, big docks for excursion boats, and (of course) Rose's Bathing Beach and Swimming School. After the bathing beach
closed in the late 1960's, most of the facility was demolished. One small building was left standing. James' son, John "Bub" Rose,
kept it open as a marina and restaurant noted for its hamburgers and popcorn. "Bub" eventually retired to the Upper Peninsula, selling
the restaurant to the Gilmore family-John, Gregory and Scott. We hope to keep alive the memories and character of this cherished landmark
by offering our guests great enthusiasm, hospitality and cuisine.