The oldest bar in GR, Nick Fink's was originally built in 1888 by Nick Fink, an immigrant from Prussia. It was originally named The Riversite Hotel, and has operated
as a bar, hotel, barber shop, post office, and supposedly a brothel. An in-depth collection of photos and items for Nick Fink's can be found at the Grand Rapids Public
Museum. This includes a photo of a former owner flying off the roof in a bike, fitted with box-kite wings (he crashed into a telegraph pole and broke his arm). Ownership
of Nick Fink's transferred within the Fink family from Nick Fink II (the first person in Kent County to fly) all the way down to Nick Fink IV. The Gilmore Collection
purchased Nick Fink's in 2008.