Rose's Express was created as a compliment to the popular Rose's On Reeds Lake. Rose's was established in 1901 by German born James Rose.
It was born amid the splendor of Ramona Park-the most remembered feature from the bygone days of East Grand Rapids. The pristine beaches
of Reeds Lake were dotted with beautiful, ornate pavilions, roller coasters, hotels, big docks for excursion boats, and (of course) Rose's
Bathing Beach and Swimming School. After the bathing beach closed in the late 1960's, most of the facility was demolished. One small building
was left standing. James' son, John "Bub" Rose, kept it open as a marina and restaurant noted for its hamburgers and popcorn. "Bub" eventually
retired to the Upper Peninsula, selling the restaurant to the Gilmore family-John, Gregory and Scott. We hope to keep alive the memories and
character of this cherished landmark by offering our guests great enthusiasm, hospitality and cuisine.