Bostwick Lake Inn
Bostwick Lake Inn was originally home to a 1910 beach house and pavilion. In 1927 this structure was replaced by Bert's Lakeside Place.
Owned by James and Susan Bert, it operated as a soda fountain / bathhouse / restaurant, and later as a tavern. With the repeal of Prohibition in
1934, Bert's Lakeside Place became known as the Bostwick Lake Inn and was one of the first three area taverns to receive a liquor license.
During the decade of the 1930's, the tavern featured floorshows from Chicago, slot machines, dancing, and full course dinners.
Bostwick Lake Inn also served as an unofficial post office in the 1940's, allowing lake residents to stop and pick up mail when the postman
could not navigate the roads around the lake due to winter snows. In 1954, Earnest Gates purchased the lakeside Inn and, along with the Pullen family,
operated the Bostwick Lake Inn for decades. Jim Isabell purchased the Bostwick Lake Inn in 1993, made major renovations and ran it for fifteen years
before passing the torch on to The Gilmore Collection in 2012.